GW 312 Setup For Scales
- Plug the GW312 to a power source.
- Connect Network cable from GW312 to switch or hub on the network.
- Connect scale(s) to the serial connection on the GW312.
- Run monitor.exe from the software cd that came with the GW 312.
- Click Config and assign a static IP on the same subnet as the computer. The password is blank.
- Use web browser and enter IP to access GW312.
- For Com1 and Com2, check the box for “Enable VirtualCOM for Serial/IP
- Go to the Dragon folder on the server and open setup\Drivers\neteon\Vcom_V4.8.8\Vcom_V4.8.8 and open Vcom488.
- Select any two available COM ports.
- Enter the IP address of the GW312 and then 4660 for port.
- Click the Configuration Wizard button and then click the Start button. If Logdisplay does not show errors, click Use Settings.
- Use 4661 for the second COM port and repeat the above steps.
Now you should be able to read the two COM ports in hyper-terminal as long as the scales are set to continuous output.