The Secugen Hamster Fingerprint Reader was introduced as a lower cost alternative to the Crossmatch Verifier.
- Download, unzip and install the Secugen driver from our web site:
- Create a folder e.g. 'fptemp' under \\servername\dragon\ for the working storage of the fingerprints.
- If you are also planning to store and reuse fingerprints, then create a folder 'fp' under your company data directory, e.g. \\servername\dragon\compdata\fp. If you don't know your company data directory you can look in Back Office; Maintenance; Setup; Company Information.
- Copy 3 files into the c:\dragonlocal folder from \\servername\dragon\setup\drivers\SecuGenHamster\. The 3 files to copy are: HamsterFingerprintReader.exe, HamsterFingerprintReader.exe.config and SecuGenFDxSDKPro.Windows.dll.
- Setup a camera for each Secugen Fingerprint reader. The camera type is Directory and the directory name is the folder created in step 2 above. Make sure that the directory name is saved correctly before saving the camera. An incorrect directory name can have disasterous results.
In Scrap Dragon
- In Back Office; Maintenance; Setup; Local Computer Options; Imaging Tab. Enter the camera name in the Fingerprint field. Select the radio button for USB. For the Camera Directory, specify the folder created for the temporary fingerprints in step 2 above eg. \\servername\dragon\fptemp. For the Capture Program, specify c:\dragonlocal\HamsterFingerprintReader.exe. Check Close and/or Pay depending on when the fingerprints will be captured. Check Store & Reuse Fingerprints if that is allowed by the authorities.